服务粉丝

我们一直在努力
当前位置:首页 > 财经 >

至少我们还活着

日期: 来源:ONE字幕组收集编辑:Allisonfgh

A few things still to be grateful for

(本篇篇纯文本)

We are geniuses at focusing on what is missing from our lives. Our dissatisfaction generally serves us well; it keeps us from complacency and boredom.
我们总执着于追寻生活中缺失的部分,因此所见所感,十之八九,皆是不满,更不需谈快意和餍足了。
But we are also dragged down by a pernicious inability ever reliably to stop, take stock and recognise what isn’t imperfect and appalling. In our haste to secure the future, we fail to notice what has not yet failed us, what isn’t actually out of reach: what is already very good.
但对于生活中遗憾和骇人之处,我们似乎又极为敏感。生活挟裹着我们浩浩荡荡地前往远方,颠沛流离,渴望安定的我们,总是忘记了生活中那些,源源不断的,默默支撑着我们,实际上值得我们珍视的东西。
We should be sure to create small occasions when we pause our striving and, for a few moments, properly take on board some of what we have be grateful for – a corrective to all the lessons in cynicism and sourness the world teaches every day.
是时候停下追逐和拼搏的步伐,放下愤世嫉俗,留些时间,回头看一看那些值得我们感恩的事情。
– Most of the 78 organs in our bodies have performed pretty reliably since the day we were born.
自出生起,我们身体的78个器官就一直保持正常运作。
– We don’t need to be afraid of starving – or even of being very cold.
不用担心饥寒交迫的困境。
– Every year, if we just stay in one spot, there are at least two weeks of perfect weather.
如果一直呆在一个地方,那每年至少两周能感受到舒适的天气。
– We are never too far from a very hot bath.
回家能泡上热水澡。
– We’ve sometimes been surprised by how things turned out.
有时生活中会出现意外的惊喜。
– We can with complete impunity fantasise about the people we can’t have.
可以自由地臆想自己的爱豆,不用负任何责任。
– We’ve come a long way since the early shyness, incompetence and fear.
已经不再是当初那个胆怯害羞又无能为力的自己。
– Everyone messes up their life quite a bit.
没有人的生活是完美的。
– Of course we couldn’t have known.
只是我们看不到而已。
– Compared with what we feared in the rockiest patches, this is almost OK.
相比于死亡(地震)带来的恐惧,一切都显得不那么重要了。
– We’re still here.
至少我们还活着。
– There were no outright catastrophes today.
至今还没有发生什么灾难。
– A few times, we really experienced what love felt like.
偶尔会怦然心动。
– A few times, we really felt understood.
有时会找到知己。
– Many of the people we love are still alive.
所爱之人都还在世。
– There’s always music.
至少还有音乐相伴。
– Without asking anyone, we could go into many shops and buy a treat.
我们可以走进任何一家酒店小酌一下,不需要告知任何人。
– We could disappear for a bit.
偶尔也可以脱离人群,放空一段时间。
– We’re no longer trapped, like children are.
至少不像孩子那样,时时刻刻被大人锁在身边。
– We still have quite a lot of time left.
还年轻。
– Children of three or four are, intermittently, reliably sweet.
孩子有那么几个还算可可爱爱。
– There hasn’t been a war here for a while.
世界还算和平。
– You can turn on the tap and clean water comes out for almost nothing.
打开水龙头就有干净充足的水流出。
– We can leave the places we were born and raised.
能够离开自己的故乡去探索世界。
– There’s always someone suffering just in the way we are.
和我们感同身受的人真的存在。
– Everyone is weird, we just don’t have access to their inner minds.
每个人的内心都是扭曲的,只是我们没有办法触碰到那一面而已。
– The silent majesty of a clear night sky.
夜幕之下的苍穹是如此的静谧壮观。
– We’re very normal in the number of idiocies we’ve committed.
自己虽然愚钝,但好在大家都一样。
– We don’t have to take ourselves seriously.
有时候不需要把自己看得太重。
– We can feel heroic about the ordinary.
能够在平凡中找到不凡。
– We have managed to learn a few things down the years.
一路走来也获得了一些人生感悟。
– There are lots of beautiful people we can take pleasure in looking at.
长得赏心悦目的人很多。
– There are people who have loved us, even though we didn’t totally
deserve their affection or devotion.
还有很多人爱着我们,尽管我们可能会辜负他们。
– A few bits of our body are really rather beautiful.
身体的某些部位还是很美的。
– Our parents met and managed to make love successfully. And their parents did too. We so nearly didn’t even exist.
我们的父母成功相遇并且相“爱”了。祖父祖母也是,我们差点就失去了“为患于人间”的机会。
– People who didn’t absolutely have to took a serious and benign interest in our education and development.
还是有很多人会在意除了学历和背景之外东西。
– Things really do look better when we have slept.
睡眠治愈一切。
– Many of the world’s most interesting people have written down their thoughts and ideas.
我们还能够从书中认识有趣的灵魂,他们的故事和思想。
– Other people are usually shyer, sweeter and kinder than we’d anticipated.
他人比我们想象的要善良和美好,只是羞于表达而已。
– We’ve perhaps found one good friend.
我们可能已经找到了挚友。
– We can write everything we feel down on paper.
能够在纸上抒发我们的所思所感。
– We can, without too much effort, order a bowl of French fries.
动动手指就能订到一份薯条。
– We once really turned someone else on.
曾今让他人“发狂”。
– Others forget the stupid things we’ve done faster than we do.
他人并不会一直惦记我们的糗事。
– Sincere apologies tend to be gladly accepted.
真诚的道歉总会换来原谅。
– We can reinvent ourselves – a bit.
有洗心革面的机会。
– We didn’t turn 18 in 1939.
没有在战争的炮火中长大成人。
– Parents keep on loving us even if we largely ignore them for a few years.
被我们遗忘许久的人依然默默的爱着我们。
– Children continue to love us even if they say they don’t; and even if we were not always perfect parents.
孩子虽然嘴硬,但心里还是爱我们的,虽然我们也算不上很称职的父母。
– By the time we are forty, nothing we did or thought at the age of twenty will seem very important.
当我们到了四十岁,就发现二十岁时的想法是那么的幼稚。
– No-one can stop us having our own thoughts.
没有人能阻止我们追求思想的步伐。
– We can get to hear the jokes and stories of the funniest people on the planet.
身边有很多傻屌能逗得我们头都笑掉。
– In the middle of the night, and in the early morning, we have the world to ourselves.
夜深人静,或清晨黎明时,我们能静静的享受自己的世界。
– It isn’t what happened to us that counts; but how we choose to tell the story.
我们如何选择表达的方式比往往比事件本身更重要。
– We do not know what will happen in the future.
未来仍旧充满无限可能。

本期ONE译制团:

译者:Hiallison

责任编辑:Leon Yong

source: The School of Life

微信的规则进行了调整

学完请多点“在看”,喜欢请点分享

这样小one的推送才能继续出现在你的订阅列表里

才能持续给大家分享实用有趣的学习干货~



相关阅读

  • 别瞎担心,没有人会真正在乎你

  • 我们来到人间伊始:身边围着一群人,他们对我们的关心超乎寻常,且以最温柔最关心的眼神注视着我们,对我们嘘寒问暖。但长大后,我们踏入可怕的现实:我们生活的世界,冷漠到令人颤抖,没有
  • 10个步骤,停止废掉你这一生

  • 这篇虽然很长,但我认为很全面,集合了我翻译过的很多个视频的精华。中英文本In my last video, I went over 10 ways to quickly ruin your life, and it is by far the most d
  • 不要在乎你在别人心中的名声

  • 我们很多人会自然而然地担忧:别人眼里的自己是怎样的?我们在大家眼里是好还是坏?万一别人指责我们怎么办?万一别人排斥和嘲笑我们怎么办?万一我们在别人眼里很贱怎么办?斯多葛思想
  • 想问,今年还会有转机吗?

  • hi,我是仙草。居家以来,每天我妈都会发微信问我:今天怎么样。我每次都回答她:跟昨天平平样(潮汕话版)。 我也想生活有点转机,于是打开了常看的一席视频,看了一个福建女孩介绍自己的
  • 谢谢《初恋》,让我知道离了婚还能纯爱。

  • 「你有没有当过那种,讨人厌的前任?」 广州前段时间封太久了,放出来之后,我听任何一位朋友说话,都没把他当正常人看。面前这位举着酒杯的朋友也一样。 但他抿了一口酒,拍拍我的膝
  • 悦读|约翰·葛瑞宾《国民科学须知》(双语)

  • (Credit: Vecteezy)约翰·葛瑞宾(John Gribbin),英国著名科学读物专业作家,萨塞克斯大学天文学访问学者。他毕业于剑桥大学,获天体物理学博士学位,曾先后任职于《自然》(Nature)杂志
  • 医易闲话 (61) —— 阴虚体质

  • 胡涂医在《问道中医》里多次提到阴虚阳虚是将错就错的说法,可是传统中医又不能不分阴虚、阳虚。所以还是谈谈吧!先说说第六个:阴虚体质。传统中医所说的阴虚体质,指的是身体的“
  • 特级大师的局面棋准备(6)

  • 章节1 弱点白方子力出的更快,但是黑方有双象优势作为补偿,白方有很多选择,但是其中哪一个可以最好的激发黑方的弱点:f6兵引起的兵型弱点、王和车的弱点呢?

热门文章

  • “复活”半年后 京东拍拍二手杀入公益事业

  • 京东拍拍二手“复活”半年后,杀入公益事业,试图让企业捐的赠品、家庭闲置品变成实实在在的“爱心”。 把“闲置品”变爱心 6月12日,“益心一益·守护梦想每一步”2018年四

最新文章

  • 至少我们还活着

  • A few things still to be grateful for(本篇篇纯文本)We are geniuses at focusing on what is missing from our lives. Our dissatisfaction generally serves us well; it
  • 别瞎担心,没有人会真正在乎你

  • 我们来到人间伊始:身边围着一群人,他们对我们的关心超乎寻常,且以最温柔最关心的眼神注视着我们,对我们嘘寒问暖。但长大后,我们踏入可怕的现实:我们生活的世界,冷漠到令人颤抖,没有
  • 10个步骤,停止废掉你这一生

  • 这篇虽然很长,但我认为很全面,集合了我翻译过的很多个视频的精华。中英文本In my last video, I went over 10 ways to quickly ruin your life, and it is by far the most d
  • 如何挖掘内心最真实的想法?

  • 我们通常难以触达在关键问题上内心深处的最真实感受,因为没有人教过我们如何一探虚实,也没有人教过我们,挖掘内心深处的真相需要垂钓般的耐心和精明,以至于我们宁愿深藏内心的所